Thursday 2 February 2012

Ladies that do lunch...

No business can survive without a bit of networking and I choose to do mine with the lovely Jeni Banks of May Fifteen Limited. Their Ladies @ Lunch is a particular fave of mine but being on my sponsored diet I did have a slight panic about what I could eat whilst out :( Thankfully the Hallmark Hotel cater to all requirements and I had the most delicious vegetable soup (minus the bread) as a starter and then a very yummy lemon and garlic (yep garlic again) chicken salad. STUFFED is not the word!!



After a lovely afternoon with the ladies it was time to turn into Mummy mode and take the children to softplay. Having exhausted ourselves with the likes of Walby Farm and Rookies we decided to give Aztecs a go. Kids loved it, plenty to play on and a lovely relaxing seating area for Mums and Dads to chill and natter over an Americano and yummy selection of treats...although I obviously chose the fruit salad bowl ;)

My only criticism of the place was that the music channel wasn't quite (what I would deem) suitable for children. The music video had Rihanna on as we sat down and well we all know what her videos are like....not something I would want my 3yr old and 6yr old daughters watching!!! Hubby enjoyed it though....I wonder why??

Anyway back to the busy kitchen to create some tasty wedding samples.....anyone else find it tiring switching from business woman, to mummy, to wife, to business woman, to mummy, to wife.....?? a little nap is in order me thinks :)

E x




No comments:

Post a Comment