Sunday 5 February 2012

Tea saves lives!! Fact!

I am a self confessed tea addict. I LOVE my tea and quite often choose a cuppa over a glass of wine (gasp of shock I hear from you).

I'm not a tea snob but I do quite enjoy a green tea every now and then, I detest herbal tea (you might as well pour hotwater over a lump of wood), don't quite understand the craze for Earl Tea and I cannot abide granulated tea, in fact next time you're round someone's house and they have granulated tea I want you to pick up the jar and BIN IT!! However, I am a bit of a weirdo and like my tea made a certain way....

The important steps:
1. HAS to be Yorkshire Tea (I have been known to take a strop if hubby has bought the wrong brand)
2. I prefer a mug (this is usually when the hubby shouts up 'that would be me then') and can't stand it in a china cup.
3. Water has to be poured straight from the boil over the tea bag, left to stand (no mashing or swirling of the teabag) and then a gentle squeeze as removing the bag.
4. Add a dash of milk, no sugar and stir....wait for it...clockwise. NEVER anti-clockwise!
5. Sit back and enjoy :)) ahh bliss.

I'm not usually a big fan of Loose Women but as Denise Welch was back on the screen (and cos I'm nosy and wanted to see if she was getting any feedback after her appearance on Big Brother) I tuned in. And to my delight they were discussing the importance of tea. Oh happy days!

I realised that I am not the only weirdo who likes their tea done a special way and when Lisa Maxwell (ex-The Bill actress) came out with the quote 'Tea saves lives' it was like the whole importance of tea had come to light for me. It's the first thing I have on a morning (starts my day off in a good mood), if thirsty throughout the day I never drink water or juice I just quench the thirst with a hot cuppa, if I'm sad or have received bad news (this happens to me more times than you would think) it's the first thing people offer to make you!! Pop round to a friends house and they always offer you a cuppa, business meetings...you get a cuppa..

The whole world revolves around TEA!

So my lovely peeps, sit back and relax for 5 with a nice hot cup of tea made the way you prefer with a yummy treat (mine would obviously be a BabyCakes cupcake) and to brighten your day even further I have lost 3lbs this week on my new diet :))


No comments:

Post a Comment